So it's a bright sunny day and I said to myself "Self, let's go and do something good today." I decided that when I put Lucy down for her morning nap I would go and clean up the kitchen really nice. I wiped down the oven, wiped out the microwave and then I turned to the fridge. I was about halfway through a nice spring cleaning of our refridgerator when all the sudden a girly scream could be heard halfway down the block. The scream had come from me when the fridge light bulb blew up and shocked me. My father in law (who works at home) came on the scene to find glass everywhere. He helped me pick it up and then (because my mother in law wasn't home) we decided to consult the users manual. It said to unplug the fridge before removing the broken light bulb. We decided that was a good idea. As Mark pulled it out we discovered a leak coming from the back of the freezer area. Nice...
Then we discovered a broken peg inside the refridgerator. Crap...
Luckily as we worked together we figured out that we had extra light bulbs on hand so we could do that repair ourselves. We decided that super glue would be a better fix than duct tape for the broken peg and for the leak...well, we're going to have to wait for Vickie to come home for that one but we did lay down a towel to absorb the mess. I'd say we're pretty handy helpers! :) All this while my Little Lucy slept, which is a HUGE blessing.
Ah well...I captured a few pictures for visuals, but there's nothing quite like being here to experience the joy first hand. However, the sun has not stopped shining, so I think Lucy and I will take our activities outdoors today.
Overall and by 'n large...life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment