Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Ice Cream,Candy, or Toys...So Don't Ask


We took Lucy with us out to dinner at a local diner. During dinner Lucy was being particularly difficult. Being the awesome parents we are, we fed her some of our french fries and ice cream to keep her mouth occupied. After we left the restauarant we had to run to wal-mart and as Jon is putting lucy in the shopping cart he gives Lucy the first real lecture of her life...


"Ok Lucy, We're aren't going to buy you any ice cream, candy, or toys...So don't ask!"


His lecture caught me off guard. I laughed so hard.

She just smiled.


Her smile melts our hearts.




2 comments:

kali said...

Haha! Love it!
Good thinking, Jon - gotta start young!

Anonymous said...

I always like to start their life out with a lecture...
"Hello, I am your Mother. I will be in charge of your life for the next 18 years...lets set some ground rules..."
:)