By default of the car situation (if you look at the previous blog entry you will find more details on that) Jon took me to work with him today! It was great! He showed me around the office and I met all of his co-workers (all women) who loved me! They offered me coffee cake, I looked at pictures of their kids and grandkids and we had a jolly time. And most importantly I got to see what Jon really does at work...hehe. In return for free tuition and a small stipend each month, Jon works 10 hours a week at Northern Illinois University as student secretary for the Allied Health and Communicative Disorders Department. It's quite a mouthful to say when answering the phone. "Allied Health and Communicative Disorders Department this is Jon, can I help you?" I practiced with Jon as he answered the phones, which he found endearing I am sure. This afternoon I took a walk and explored campus for awhile. It is a pretty campus, old and historic looking. This is what I learned on my walk.
The sky room is not like the Sky Room Restuarant at BYU. It's more like the room of requirement from Harry Potter.
Down by the duck pond I found the old makeout spot on campus with a whole slew of trees with initials of who loves who. The oldest date I could find was from 1984.
I went to the castle building...I don't remember the name of the building. But it was the most up to date building on campus with automatic soap and paper towel dispensers. Unfortunately they have yet to update the water faucets which are the kind you have to push down and hold the whole time you wash your hands.
NIU is a pretty campus. Come and visit and I'll steal a golf cart and re-live my old tour guide days of BYU-Idaho.
1 comment:
Well how fun is that :) getting to hang with hubby all day. If enoch did that, I'd be a waitress for the day....fun...How's baby Javid??? I miss you Steph!!! Jealous you get to be closer to Ash
Post a Comment