Thursday, October 23, 2008

And Baby Javid is....

...going to have to wait until Monday for us to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

How lame. I went in for my appointment with the doctor today and he wrote me a prescription to go and get an ultrasound. I wanted to do go find out tonight, but they didn't have any openings tonight. So between Jon's school, temple committments, and helping Jon's dad finish up his move to Palm Springs we will not be able to get in for an ultrasound until Monday at 8:15pm. SOOOO for all of you who thought we would find out today or tomorrow...we won't. But we will announce it as soon as we know.

It was fun at my appointment today. I didn't have to wait nearly as long as I normally do, and when the Dr. was searching for the heartbeat he couldn't find it (but I could feel the baby kicking as he was looking for the heartbeat, so I wasn't worried) So then the Dr. had to turn on a different machine so we could see the heartbeat instead. I couldn't see any "specific areas" though, (which is good I want Jon to be there to see if it's a boy or girl). We could only see the general form of the baby. The baby was in a breach position (tap dancing on my bladder) and he was snuggling away from the machine (toward my spine), so we couldn't hear the heartbeat, but we could see it. The Dr. said it looked like a nice strong heart beat.

Anyway that's the update of the day! Wahoo from Chicago.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh girl, I have been DYING to hear what you're having!! That stinks you have to wait till Mon, and you're already 21 weeks! I am soo excited to hear, and then I find out Thurs, (hopefully!) so we can rejoice together! :D That's so fun you're feeling your babes move-nothing yet for me. :( Anyway-I tried to call you back last night but you were probably fulfilling one of your busy committments. :) Call me when you get a chance!!

Kim said...

BLAH! I am dying here, I NEED TO KNOW!!! :) haha I am sure it is worse for you. Let us know, we are SO excited!!!