We took Lucy to her first movie. We saw Earth (the new Disney nature movie). We were the only ones in the theatre. Lucy was very good. She watched the big screen with wide eyes and she wasn't fussy at all. Everything seemed to be going well until...we smelled it. Then we saw it. She blew out ALL OVER Jon. Poop...and lots of it. Well what to do. We ended up stripping her all the way down and wiping her down with baby wipes and then we put her in a spare outfit that I had in the diaper bag...well we WOULD have changed her into the spare outfit that had SHOULD have been in there. I had pulled it out 2 days before this said event. I took it out of the diaper bag thinking it was just something extra to carry around and that I didn't really need it. Oh how wrong I was. We put her in a diaper, a large bib and wrapped her in her car seat blanket (thanks for making that Melanie) and finished the movie. It was a warm day so we didn't feel too bad about taking her home like that. Jon, however left the precious souvenir in the trash can right inside the door of theatre. I feel bad for whoever has to clean out that trash can. We could definitely smell it as we walked past it on our way out. Nasty.
We played our own version of "Where's Waldo?" we call it "Where's Lucy?".
Grandma and Grandpa Sucher came to visit and to do family history work in the Chicago area.
Jon, Lucy and I dressed up like pirates and went geo-caching around the area for treasure.
Well that's what we have been up to. Life is good.
6 comments:
Friend! This looks like a blast! I love it! and Cody and I watched Earth the other day too - It was cute, huh?!! (Sans poop and stains- possible future events I'm sure) The picture of Lucy in the stuffed animals was like a reenactment of E.T. I had flashbacks of a childhood fear of mine when I saw that. LOL I love you and I miss you! keep jousting.. you've got talent kid!
hahahaha i laughed so hard poor lucy and jon and movie theater worker. and that jousting is great totally going to do it hope you didnt hurt jon.
I have to admit that I watched Jon smack that lady in the face 3 times... TOO FUNNY!
I also love the movies story (why? because I've been there). Now, I ALWAYS have a spare change of clothes for BOTH kids (and sometimes I think I should have a shirt for myself... poor Jon). Once we were at a BBQ at a friend's house, and Dayton pooped out all over all his clothes. I had NOTHING to put on him, so he rode home in just his diaper and shoes.
It would definitely be fun to see you guys sometime. Jon, do you have the summer off? Derrick has school all summer long- kinda (REALLY) sucky.
I have tears running down my face. Jon smacking that lady in the face, priceless.-Helen
What a fun post. It looks like you have been up to a lot of fun, I love fun!!! Lucy is so very cute, everytime I look at your blog she gets cuter.(if that is even a word) She is looking more and more like her mommy so conrats to you steph.
Glad to hear you both are well
Angie
We'd love to do the zoo with you guys sometime this summer! Jon, email me mrs_mckay@msn.com. We're spending a while in Missouri in the next few weeks, but after that we should be home and have good weather for it!
Post a Comment