Before Jon left for Taiwan he had put together a fun surprise for me. He left a card that Lucy was to deliver to me on Mothers Day. He said I could open it at midnight on Mother's day morning, so I waited up and opened it then. He sent me on a treasure hunt around the basement to find my mother's day gift. It ended up being inside the 5th book to the left on the bottom shelf of Lucy's bookcase. So I snuck in and grabbed it. He made me a "Spot the Difference" Book. So on one page is the original picture (he used our family pictures) and on the other page is a photoshopped version of the same picture and I have to study the pictures to spot the difference. Easy right? No. He made these hard! One of them was of our wedding day and it was our whole family surrounding us and the photoshopped difference was in the spine of the book and it was that he photoshopped off my sister in law Kim's ring. And not only that, he sealed portions of the book. So I have to work through a certain amount of these picture puzzles until I can move on to the next level. :)
I love my husband and I am only on Sealed Portion #2. There are 6 portions of the book. It has dual purposes in that it keeps me entertained while he is away and it will make a great church book for Lucy afterwards. Jon is so creative. I love him so much. He makes my life fun.
Since Jon is in Taiwan right now I am sending him "picture of the day" emails. Here are a few of the pictures I sent him since he left.
Lucy has been going through this phase of lining all of her ducks up on the side of the tub. It's really pretty cute, she just wants to make sure all of her ducks are in a row!
This is my cute cupcake from "Hello Cupcake". I am going to make a bunch of these for a baby shower that I am doing. The theme is "bedtime stories".
Lucy busted her lip. My baby's first time bleeding. I felt so sad.
My cute little Lucy walking toward me. She is cruising around now! She walks about 90% of the time. It's so great to see her learn and grow.
Lucy loves her "baby". She will pick up her baby and say "aww" and pat her baby gently on the back. She's so sweet when she walks around the house with her doll.
2 comments:
I don't know what Jon is in Taiwan for, but that was a very sweet Mother's Day gift he left behind for you. And I think it's sweet that you're sending him a picture each day while he's gone.
That blow-up tub object looks pretty interesting- I've never seen one before.
I wonder who's shower you are preparing for...
Post a Comment