Monday, June 29, 2009

Sticky Situations and other fun stuff

First things first. Here are some recent cute pictures of our little Lucy. I just love this little dress and she's wearing a big girl hairbow!


Lucy loves the singing flowers! It's her new favorite toy!


Happy Father's Day Daddy! Lucy helped Mommy make Daddy some french toast on Father's Day!




So we found out about this sale .25/1lb of strawberries. So naturally we bought 88lbs. :) We gave almost half of the strawberries away and them proceeded to make 40lbs of strawberry freezer jam. No small task. Jon and his mom were troopers from start to finish. I was in and out taking care of Lucy. The end result? We have a shelf in the deep freezer reserved for jam. Mmmmmm...




Jon and I made Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats for a party we had the other night. We thought they would make a fun, simple treat. Only making them wasn't as simple as we thought...it turned out to be a very sticky situation. Jon started making them and I made fun of him because he was getting gooey mess EVERYWHERE and so I decided to show him how it was done, only to be covered myself. But I would say the end product was worth it!


I went to St. Louis to visit my sister a couple weekends ago. These are my nieces Emily and Lizzie.



Here is Grandma Vickie and Lucy having fun.




6 comments:

Javidite said...

Steph, Thanks for updating the blog! It had been awhile since the world saw how cute Lucy is.

Scottie and Angie said...

I have to agree with Jon, Lucy is so cute!!! She is looking more and more like you Steph so cute!!!!!!!!! Looks like to all have been up to lots of fun, I want to try making jam...one day I will!

Michelle M said...

I love the first picture of Lucy. She really is beautiful.

I make freezer jam every year. It's a pain to lose part of the freezer, but it's worth it to have a year's supply, and never buy store jam. Home-made is SOOOO much better! My favorite is peach-raspberry, but I mostly make strawberry jam because it's cheaper. I use the No-Cook method, so all I do is stir everything together. I put my strawberries in my blender because it's faster than mashing.

I LOVE the Mickey Mouse treats! What a neat idea!

Stephanie, you are looking so thin. Baby weight doesn't appear to weigh you down any more- yay!

Shay said...

oh wow, good deal! but did you dream about strawberries that night?? And Steph, you look so good!

Shay said...

aahhh that is frustrating!! maybe it's a growth spurt?? well good luck, hopefully you don't have too rough of a night!

(PS- this is weird trying to have a conversation by leaving comments on blogs huh? cuz it looks like I'm just crazy and make no sense! oh well!)

Unknown said...

Steph, Lucy is so cute!! How old is she now? I forget how much older she is than little Joseph...