Thursday, February 5, 2009

City of Joseph







So the picture of me standing by those massive ice chunks is at the waters edge of the Mississippi in Nauvoo. Pretty crazy. Itwas cold enough to freeze over this winter and they said the wind blew those massive ice sheets up onto the land. But we were lucky while we were there it was about 56 degrees! It felt SOOO nice, especially with my body being 10 degrees warmer than usual! We went to the Nauvoo temple in the morning and then hit some of the favorite sites! And I am so excited to announce that after years and years of wanting it I got the horseshoe from the blacksmith shop! They always give it to the person with the closest birthday and it was me!! (It helped that Jon and I were the only ones on the tour...)

An another note Jon and I started our childbirth classes! We go every wednesday for this month, which basically gets us done one week before the baby is due! We are cutting it close. Our goal is to get through the classes BEFORE the baby is due. We shall see. I was having braxton hicks like CRAZY last night. Jon thought I was going into labor. Which reminds me that we got our car seat yesterday, which we LOVE! The reason I mention it is because we told our baby she couldn't come until we got the car seat. Now with all the Braxton Hicks I think she is saying "Ok! Now that the car seat is here I am ready to come!" And we have this ADORABLE car seat cover made with love by my sister in law Melanie! So there you go. The end.






6 comments:

Melanie said...

I had tons of Braxton Hicks, too (but mine started at 27 weeks...) and Mason came 4 weeks early. We didn't finish our childbirth classes, so you never know!! She could be here any time! YAY!

Shay said...

aww, you poor thing, do you have to wear your wedding ring on your pinky? Get that baby out!

Shamaine said...

You'll have to let me know how you like the classes. We start the end of this month...I'm kind of looking forward to the classes, hoping it will relax my mind on labor and birth a little. I have had Braxton Hicks my entire pregnancy, and still no baby, so I think you should be fine until closer to your due date. Congratulations on the car seat...we still need to get one.

Michelle M said...

I'm WAY impressed that you can tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and real ones on your first pregnancy! I still couldn't tell the difference after my second, but I only did labor once.

I'm praying for a healthy mom and baby for you guys every night... almost here!

Shannon said...

Awwww Steph! She's adorable!! (she looks a bit on the plastic side though, but what are you gonna do?! ;)

Wow---I'm thinking I'm getting close and knowing you're a good 3 weeks in front of me, dang...it could be any day now, huh? How exciting!! :D I know you'll be busy, tired, busy with a newborn but you have to fill me in on your labor experience and 1st fews week at home before I go in! Deal? ;)

I'm planning on continuing work up until 36 or 37 weeks, and hopefully have a little bit of time to relax before she comes. How has it been for you? Does it make the time drag or are you enjoying the time off? I'm trying to figure out exactly when to call it quits.

We're going to be doing a childbirth class too, but b/c of Ben's schedule, we're doing the smacked into one huge Saturday 9-5 deal... that should be interesting.

Glad you had fun in Nauvoo and FINALLY got that horseshoe! Too bad we couldn't meet up...(dang work) but when we move to WI, we'll DEFINITELY have to have some get together with our sweet girlies! :)

Love ya!

Amy and Mike said...

how fun! we went to Nauvoo when I was pregnant and huge, the drive was awful, but such a special place to visit! I love the carrier cover! someone made them for our carriers and they have been soooo fabulous! good luck with the pregnancy! I hope to see pictures of the baby soon!